|resources:||Home Installation Development version Arguments Source Code Screenshots FAQ|
This is development version, but it should be working without any problem. There is no bugzilla or mailinglist, since I currently don't believe that it's worth of it, so please report problems directly to email@example.com. Thank you
What's new in 1.9.10
- Just updated to work with Firefox 3.5.x
What's new in 1.9.9 (including never released .8 .7 and .6)
- Support for Firefox 3
- Automatic extension upgrading from now on
- Experimental support for different ftemp file extensions (found in popup menu)
What's new in 1.9.5 (including never released 1.9.4)
- Support for Firefox 2.0.x
- Configurable temporary file extension - you can name the temporary files for example *.html or *.php or ...
- Errors sent to mozilla console, so that you can easilly copy'n'paste them
- Fixed bug where mozex's config was not save properly
- Files with spaces inside are correctly quoted ("Program files")
- Added "Browse" button for picking up editor application
- Updated examples (there is example for MacOS + vim also)
- Hotkey for "View Source"
- If there is more than one textarea, present selection dialog, instead of editing first possibility
- ssh:// handler
What's new in 1.9.3
- If hotkey pressed, present list of possibilities if there is more than one textarea
- ssh:// handler
- Ctrl+W closes configuration dialog (also esc)
- Mozex checks if file was touched before deleting it - prevents problems with debug messages, when file was deleted before editor was executed
What's new in 1.9.2
- Fix regression for mozilla 1.4, introduced in 2.0.pre1
What's new in 1.9.1
- The hotkey which starts mozex is now configurable
- Mozex configuration is available from context menu, as a last item
- Fixed the occasional problems with "textarea_node has no properties"
What's new in 1.9.0
- Version string can't contain non-numeric characters, so the devel branch will be 1.9.x. Stable branch will be 2.x.x then.
- Added hotkey for mozex - it's Ctrl-e. You don't have to use mouse for mozex menu, just press Ctrl-e and first editbox will be opened (you can disable the hotkey in preferences)
- Immediate textarea update. You don't have to click on textarea to get it's content updated anymore, when the browser gets focus, the textara will be updated as if you click on it.
- Mozex can be instructed to disable text wrapping in textarea. (for example on http://www.idocs.com/tags/forms/_TEXTAREA_WRAP.html, watch the row with NAME="HARD" while submitting the form)
- Examples in configuration dialog are selectable by single click (you will still have to press Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v - or equivalent to get the example copied)
Current known problems
- None at this time ! :-)
What's new in 2.0.pre1
- One xpi for old and new mozilla/firefox
- New gui configuration dialog
- Fixed handling for spaces in commandline - "C:\Program files\..."
- Fixed searching for executable in your PATH - "xterm -e vim %t" is now enough
- Added debug mode, you can see what's going to be executed and confirm it
- Optional utf-8 support for textareas
What's still to do before 2.0
- Make the gui slick. Anyone feels like doing a bit of design work ? :)
- Fix any bugs found
- Configurable temp. file extension (for editors which you can't force to use given syntax highlighting for a given file)
- Automatic editing if textarea has some property ?
- Save/Cancel button in preferences ? (currently preferences are applied immediatelly, but this might get one confused)
- Add icon to mozex preferences in firefox
- Examples of usage in the UI ? (this is partially done, but if you have others, send them to me !)
- Try looking for executable in PATH on windows
- Conversion to any encoding, not just UTF-8 ? (do we realy need this, when every editor has UTF-8 ?)
- Documentation (For features which are not obvious it's must)
- Thunderbird support ?